Sunday, January 24, 2010

Scuba 101 and then some



Resort tour, boogie boarding, body surfing, scuba diving, drinking, eating, more drinking. Check, check, check. Sounds busy BUT everything is at our fingertips. The resort has not let us down. However I wasn’t exactly prepared to experience what happened next.

Getting acquainted with my scuba gear was just a portion of the “experience”. Upon exploring crevasses and cracks of the pool I spotted a much bigger crack. An old, white, hairy crack. Yeah. While I’m getting all Jacque Cousteau, Mr. Silver Streak was getting el Buck Naked O. By the time I translated Ian’s underwater hand signals I received the visual disturbance of a lifetime. Ol Boy AKA Silver Streak had done a complete 360 rotational. Like seeing his crack wasn’t enough? The entire moment unraveled in slow motion. The JAWS soundtrack was playing thru my head as the tragedy unraveled. As if the moment needed a crescendo or any additional effects. Geez. I lost it! Laughing in a scuba regulator is not easy. ESPECIALLY for the not yet novice scuba diva. I jetted to the top coughing, spitting, cackling and calling out his ass. Apparently the AARP pool partyerzzz didn’t realize divers were down. Ol Boy and his posse evacuated the pool in a flash. One bailed over the fountain into the lower level pool. My retinas will never be the same. Crack kills...

3 comments:

  1. See, these are the dangers they dont want to tell you about when learning to scuba dive. You're lucky you didn't get hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there are scars. Permanent mental scars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am officially not allowed to read your blog in the library again... Thanks for the laughs, Les :)

    ReplyDelete