Saturday, January 23, 2010

Man Down


Most of you know this about me... I’m NOT good in awkward/clumsy situations. If someone falls or gets hurt. I’m the first to laugh. I have ZERO ability to keep it together. As much as I eat the pavement I should be able to muster up some restraint & compassion. Wrong.

After a nice dinner we decided to attend the Resort's version of Cirque du Soleil. One minute into the show a man on stilts (2.5 stories high) comes out doing what resembled the running man.... briefly. He took a 2.5 story face plant center stage. Everyone in the audience made an awful grown complemented by a sincere look of concern... except me. I had an awkwardly strong desire to laugh. It was curtains for me. Every time “Too Tall” entered the stage I zeroed in on his blown out, battered knees, and tried like hell to act respectable. Post face plant, the show was amazing but I was long gone. I’ve incurred several spontaneous flashbacks of the moment since. I’m so not right.

3 comments:

  1. Can you imagine if Fun Kathy was there with you? They probably would have had to stop the show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lexi is wondering where her cousin Lenny is while momma is out livin' it up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenny Pants is just down the street from you! He is with Grandpa & Grandma. I miss him like crazy.

    ReplyDelete