Monday, April 27, 2009

Changing my tune and my clothes


My host family had a backyard party this weekend. During my travels I've found myself pretty clueless to what I'm getting into. Case in point, I thought this was a small, casual, backyard GSE Rotary party. When I heard the live band strike a tune from my bedroom I quickly realized this was more than a casual cookout. It was a catered event with 50+ people from the neighborhood and community. I changed my clothes to the tune of the saxophone and began to mingle. The couple on the right took me to a concert during my stay. We had a riot! The couple in the back are my host parents. Great people. The Mom introduced me as her American daughter at the party. The Brazilian culture is very warm and sincere. I love the pace and outlook on life. They pass very little judgement and embrace a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment