Monday, May 4, 2009

My Encounter With Security


During my travels I have been completely reliant on others to transport me around town. Most of the time it’s been fine but there have been a few mishaps. In Natal we were dropped off at the wrong condo. In Recife I went toe to toe with the security guard. I was dropped off at my Condo. My host family gave me a house key HOWEVER the guard didn’t recognize me. With my vast knowledge of Portuguese I was unable to convince him that I was not an intruder. He told me to sit on a bench and wait for my host Father to come home. Little did he know I had been sitting on a bench for two hours waiting for a ride to the condo. After about 15 minutes of bench butt I made a mad dash to the elevator. I outran the guard twice, the second time it was a success. After 2 hours I was home sweet home. Attached is a picture of my family in Recife. My host Mom called me their green eyed daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment