Saturday, April 18, 2009

Reflections from Brazil - Week 2

  • Malaria medicine makes you feel like you're on the set of Alice & Wonderland.
  • Some houses don't flush their TP. Opps, we didn't get the memo till now.
  • Brazilians put more condiments than toppings on their pizza. Ketchup, mustard & mayonnaise on pizza is the norm.
  • Nobody batts an eye at power outages. Our hotel lobby went black, nobody missed a beet.... except me. My crazy, claustrophobic skull was creating a skit of me stuck in a dark 3x3 elevator rocking back & forth in the fetal position.
  • Brazil roads make Michigan roads look smooth as a babies butt.
  • Don't believe a Brazilian if they tell you you're eating chicken.
  • Don't reach for food unless you're positive it's an appetizer (right Emily?). That lady in Caico is probably still scowling at us. How did we know it was her dinner you were eating?
  • Everybody here puts sugar & cream in their coffee (pronounced cafe' in Portuguese) except me. Em told our host family I drink my coffee negro. They just stared. It was a bit of an awkward silence. We are still trying to word smith that one.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you can't wait to get home and have a real pizza! Sounds like an awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete